Milfoil weed control can be obtained in a variety of ways. There are many types of milfoil weeds, but milfoil treatment remains the same for each.
Manual/ Mechanical Control:
Physically raking milfoil and pulling up the roots can be a somewhat successful way to manage this plant. Milfoil can re-grow from roots or fragments that remain.
There are multiple options for controlling milfoil:
- Dibrox herbicide – liquid that is diluted with water and sprayed right on the plants
- Spritflo (for ponds with no outflow) – liquid that is poured into the pond and spreads throughout the entire body of water
- 2, 4-D – liquid that is diluted with water and sprayed on the weeds
- Aquathol K – liquid that is diluted with water and sprayed on the plants
- Hydrothol (for lakes) – granules to be broadcast over the plants